16 Jun 2009

The disease of Nationalism

Allah (SWT) created mankind with sole purpose of worshipping him by abiding to his commandments in relation to what he has obliged and what he has prohibited. The muslim with the sound understanding of the Kalimah Laa ilaha Illallah will affirm that it is imperative for one to attain the pleasure of Allah (SWT) he is required to give up everything which is dispraised in the Qur’an and Sunnah.

From the many prohibitions that is widespread and widely adopted is the disease of Nationalism which is unfortunately championed by many Muslims assuming that there is nothing wrong with it however if we were to look in to the divine texts we would see that there is great condemnation towards it. The Messenger Muhammad said in regards to this evil slogan:

"Whoever calls for Nationalism is not one of us".

Furthermore the Messenger emphasises on the evils of Nationalism:

It was narrated by Abu Hurirah that the prophet (SAW) says that: "Whoever fights under nationalistic banner, gets angry for it, calls for it or supports it, and for that gets killed then its a death of Jahilyah"

Nationalism is a bond between people from a certain ethnic background and anyone who is not from that specific background will be shunned whereas Islaam does not recognise race, ethnicity etc but rather looks in to the purity of a slaves action. The statement of the Messenger Muhammad compares nationalism to Jahilliyah which means the days prior to the advent of Islaam to emphasise that it is a practice which has no bearings in the Islaamic practices. Nationalism opposes the universal Islaamic brotherhood which Allah (SWT) praises in the Qur’an:

"The Believers are but brothers" [Al-hujurat 49-10]


We can see many Muslims celebrating the so called “Independence Day” and rejoicing from it by coming out in to the streets without to think about the significance of detaching themselves away from a Muslim who is not from the same ethnicity or colour. The idea of a separate state and striving for an independent nation is a tool used by the Non Muslims to divide the Muslims from emerging as a unified body. As we can see the independence of Pakistan and Bangladesh was orchestrated by the British and the Hindus in order to make us weak by giving ourselves a description in order to destabilise the Ummah of Muhammad. In the middle east we the lands of Muhammad carved up into small despotic regimes serving the interests of the Western superpowers. In the West we have local mosques dividing themselves in to a ‘bengalee’, ‘Pakistanee’, ‘arab’ mosques. It is disgusting to see that such a despicable act infiltrating in the places of prayer where the name of Allah (SWT) is to be glorified high above any other calls and slogan. This is the sorry state of affairs the Muslims have befallen themselves in to.

We see many Muslims foolishly sporting themselves in a football or cricket jersey when the highly publicised sporting event turns up every few years but this is just another gimmick to keep the Muslims preoccupied from their very purpose as to why they have been created.

I say to those that are proud of being ‘Bengalee’ Where is your zeal when the right of Allah (SWT) is being violated? Where is your zeal when our sisters are being raped? Where is your zeal when the scholars of Islaam are being killed for attempting to revive the Deen of Islaam?

I say to those who are proud of being ‘Pakistanee’ where is your zeal when Pakistan assisted America in the bombardment of Afghanistan resulting in killings of innocent Muslims? Where is your zeal when the apostate government of Pakistan handed over innocent Muslims to the coalition of oppression. Where is your zeal when Lal Masjid was obliterated by bullets and bombs resulting in the death pious Islamists? Where is your zeal when sister Afia Siddiq and her likes were incarcerated resulting in being raped?

I say to those who are proud of being ‘Araab’ Where is your zeal when Iraaq was sent to the slaughterhouse in the midst of all the araab despotic regimes? Where is your zeal when our sisters were crying tears at the injustice they suffered in the prison Abu Ghuraib? Where is your zeal when the murderous entity of Israel commits genocide year in year out without any response from the arabs?


Dear Muslims remember that Allah (SWT) created you in order to test you in order to determine your position in the hereafter whether you have been complying with his commandment or disobeying Him. So be attentive to his commandments in order to safeguard oneself from humiliation in this life and the next.

Nationalism sows nothing but discords between Muslims and the concept of unity will always seem like a mirage. The customs and traditions of Nationalism always conflict with the Islaamic principles because the only system in belief and practicality that Allah (SWT) will accept Islaam and anything else that differs with it will be rejected.

Truly, the Deen with Allah (SWT) is Islaam. 3:19

And whosoever seeks a deen other than Islaam, it will never be accepted from, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers. 3:85


Allah (SWT) orders the Muslims to hold on to Islaam and refrain from anything which brings about division amongst its adherers

Hold fast all of you together to the rope of Allah (SWT) and be not divided amongst yourselves..3:103

Allah (SWT) awaits torment for the one that is inclined towards divisions:

And be not as those who divided and differed themselves after the clear proofs had come to them. It is for they for whom there is an awful torment. 3:105


Dear Muslims it is clear that nationalism is evil and there is no benefit in calling for it and by returning to Islaam is the only way to achieve unity. Also the situation of the Muslims would rapidly change as a unified voice and a unified struggle the muslin would once again be a force to be reckoned with. Let us recall the statement of Umar ibn al Khattab who said that we are people whom Allah (SWT) dignified through Islaam and if we seek dignity in anything other than Islaam we will become humiliated. We seek refuge in Allah (SWT) from further humiliation.

3 comments:

Bilal said...

Jazaak Allaahu khayr.

Indeed, racism is a disease. Leave it, it is rotten.

glen jenvey said...

http://www.analyst-network.com/article.php?art_id=2982

Statement regarding Abu Hamza and myself Glen Jenvey
19 Jun 2009
Dear Colleagues


The Daily Mail published an article entitled ‘Unmasked: The football hooligans behind last weekend's bloody protest against a Muslim war demo’ on the 29 May 2009. My name was mentioned in the article. I wish to make it clear to all my contacts in the media that:


I did not attend the march
I did not organise the march
I have never met in person the two people mentioned together with my name
At the time I was having dinner with a lady from the local church, my next door neighbour and my partner.
By the way I have no interest in football or being a football thug wannabe

I find it damaging to my reputation and very offensive to be associated with these extremists by the Daily Mail, who made no effort to make contact with me to verify their story before publishing. I have also been subjected to continuous abusive and libellous attacks in various blogs over the last few months, which have attempted to discredit everything that I have done over the last few years.


I have had enough, so thanks to the bloggers, and the Daily Mail I will be contacting the FBI and stating that I wish to recall all the evidence I handed over regarding the Abu Hamza extradition case (see my email to John Young of Cryptome) below) and I am not prepared to attend as a witness of help in any way should Abu Hamza be extradited to the USA.


I was so infuriated by the Daily Mail and the bloggers that I phoned Anjem Choudhary yesterday and he wants me to meet him. I won’t go into the details of what we discussed.

Regards

Glen

glen jenvey said...

Hamza Case Falls Apart

Due to personal unfounded attack's by the Daily Mail newspaper calling me an unmasked football hooligan and personal attacks on myself and family by bloggers from the far left and supporters of the failing Labour Government, I wish to withdraw my police statement taken by the anti-terrorist squad for the FBI.

The 6-page statement lists a number of video tapes to be used in the extradition case of Abu Hamza and one video links James Ujaama to Abu Hamza. Without these tapes, which kick-started the case in America, it will be hard to present a valid case against Abu Hamza now that I'm withdrawing all evidence due to personal attacks and lies by the Daily Mail.

Sheikh Abu Hamza is a lot of things, but I can't, due to my own safety as a witness, be part of any American show trial as the same newspaper Daily Mail has spread many lies about him as well.

I feel a victim of lack of police protection and feel the Abu Hamza case has many things that are lies written into it.

I will be asking the FBI to return all 6 video tapes and rip up my police statement as I wish no part in this show trial on a disabled man.

Bloggers have threaten to chop my head off and this came not from Muslims but the far left. I receive phone calls day and night waking me up in my sleep.

Death threats, lack sleep, damage to a contacts car, misquoted in a national newspaper, the Guardian and Daily Mail, all lead me to withdrawing my police/FBI statement.

In terrorists-related cases witnesses should not be attacked. My pulling out in the Hamza case may lead to the collapse of the whole case which would allow Abu Hamza to live in the UK. Which if it does, the government and police should review how they support police witnesses.

I have already witnessed lies being told in a British court in the case of Abu Izzadeen, with police statements going missing and officers lying about receiving evidence.

And I know the full history of secret evidence on Abu Qatada and where it came from and what was said behind closed doors which led to him being placed back in prison.

Having part-time in the past worked for the NIBS/SIS and adviser to a military attache in London, I know how intelligence services work. MI5 and the police, who I have both given some of my work to, have a lot to lose if witnesses can't rely on protection by the state in terrorist trials.

I believe that Sheikh Abu Hamza and Sheikh Abu Qatada should in good faith both be allowed out of prison on a control order as soon as possible and I ask thugs at the Daily Mail to leave my friends and family alone. It made me feel sick the Daily Mail's claims that I was a Nazi.

Glen Jenvey

[Phone number 0044(0)7929591353 ]

Source: http://cryptome.org/0001/jenvey-hamza.htm